Thursday, February 12, 2015

top 10 favorite dishes in toronto restaurants

It's no big secret that I'm a big restaurant enthusiast. Living in a city like Toronto, with so many amazing options available, it's be hard not to become some type of 'foodie'. It's so fun getting to explore and adventure through the city, and my favorite way of doing so is definitely via restaurants. Whether it's a night out at a new spot or a good meal at an old favorite - for me, it doesn't get much better then a meal at a restaurant with friends or family. It doesn't have to be fancy (although I won't turn down the occasional ritzy dinner), for regular nights out I just look for great food, an enjoyable atmosphere and a welcoming crowd.

Given that there are so many restaurant options, I figured I would round up some of my favorite crave-worthy dishes!
(By no means is this a complete list, but hopefully will provide some ideas and get your mouth watering...)

1. Singaporean-Style Slaw @ Lee (The 19 ingredients are piled high and tossed table side)
Tip: The slaw is now served at the sister restaurant Bent too!

2. Mafalde ai Funghi @ Gusto 101 (Rich and delicious mushroom, truffle pasta)
Tip: The house wine is tasty and is served $1 per ounce!

3. Salade de Betterave au Chevre @ Le Select Bistro (Not your average beet and goats cheese salad)
Tip: Ask for the cornichon - if you like pickles, you'll be pleasantly surprised; And I don't care if you're on a diet, you must eat the fresh french crusty roll

4. Arancini @ Enoteca Sociale (Fried rice balls stuffed with sausage and cheese - a perfect indulgence for the winter cold)
Tip: They have 50% off their wine lists on Mondays in the summer and a gorgeous patio

5. Halifax Donairs @ Hopgood's Foodliner (East Coast street food at a restaurant with literally the friendliest staff around)
Tip: Wednesdays you can get two donairs with a Keiths for $15!

6. Spicy Tuna Makimono @ Blowfish (The best spicy tuna roll. Period)
Tip: Also try the Coconut Bay roll + crispy crab, shrimp and scallop springroll 

7. John's Burger @ Marben (A seriously tasty burger)
Tip: Go for drinks on a Friday or Saturday night - great, comfortable atmosphere

8. Chaufa @ Valdez (Duck Confit fried rice)
Tip: Do yourself a favor and order the Pastels (you can thank me later)

9. Rueben @ 416 Snack Bar - One of my most favorite restaurants
Tip: Go with someone who loves to share & go hungry (and thirsty) - and try the tuna handroll!

Tip: The short ribs are to die for; They also take part in Winterlicious/Summerlicious - a great way to experience the restaurant at a more affordable price!

The best part about everything listed above, is the one dish I've mentioned isn't the only tasty thing on the menu! I hope you're left feeling inspired to go try something new (or go feast on an old favorite)!

Some honorable mentions....
Artichokes @ Nuit Social (Be sure to order a meat and cheese plate too!)
Fries @ Barque (I crave these all the time)
Perogies @ The Saint Tavern (Decadent and delicious)


What is your favorite crave-worthy restaurant dish? I'd love suggestions on spots that I must try next!

( PS. Working on a brunch version of my favorites. To follow soon so stay tuned... )

No comments:

Post a Comment